Monday 19 November 2012

World Diabetes Day

This past November 14th was the first time our family recognized and participated in WDD.  Although my maternal grandmother has been T1, for almost 60 years, I'd never really known about the impact this day can have.

I contacted all three schools in my town, and with the help of the community health promotion team at the hospital I work at, we asked that the students wear blue in support of diabetes awareness.  We also did up some information sheets and gave a few little tidbits of information to be read during the morning and afternoon announcements.

I'm happy to say that both Amy and her teacher have told me that it was a huge success and that all but 2 in her class were sporting blue that day.  Unfortunately for me I never thought to go snap a pic!


No comments:

Post a Comment