Monday 19 November 2012

New 'Do

Friday, November 2, 2012, that's one of many days that Amy has made me a very happy momma!

We waited 2 weeks to convince her daddy, then we waited 2 weeks for the appointment!
After I got off work I brought Amy to my hairdresser and she had 10 inches cut off her hair.  10 inches that will be sent to a Canadian version of Locks of love, 10 inches that can be used to make a wig for someone who has lost their hair to cancer.

A friend of mine from way back.......junior high to be exact, is fighting her battle with breast cancer.  She is a very loving, optimistic, and has touched a number of lives, especially through her song she has written and recorded about her journey called "No Time for You".
Anyway, she is also my brother-in-laws sister, so my girls call her Aunt D.  Well, Amy said she was doing this for Aunt D.

She was so proud!.......and so were we!


No comments:

Post a Comment