Kids for a Cure Lobby Day
On November 27, 40 children living with T1D between the ages of two and 16 from across Canada will travel to Ottawa to demonstrate to Members of Parliament (MPs) how research for T1D has changed lives and how future research can help lead to a cure for the disease. Their message is that a cure can only be reached if increased government support for T1D research is delivered.
Objectives for Kids Lobby Day include:
- Focus on seeking out additional federal funding for T1D research;
- Increase awareness of T1D amongst Parliamentarians;
- Educate Parliamentarians on the difference between T1D and type 2 diabetes;
- Put a personal face to the disease; and
- Initiate (and, in some cases, continue) the relationship building process between our volunteers and their MPs.
Stay tuned for updates and photos from this year’s Kids Lobby Day!
This event is proudly supported by