Friday 5 October 2012

Look who's Blogging

Well, I've finally bit the bullet and decided to start my own blog.  I think it will take some time to learn how to make it nice, easy to read and presentable, but its a work in progress....

Just a bit about myself.

I was born and raised in Labrador.  For those of you who don't know where that is, it's the eastern coastline of Canada, above the island of Newfoundland.  The official provincial name is Newfoundland and Labrador.  We have awesome, hot, dry, summers, and wonderful, cold, snowy winters.  We go from one extreme to the other with 30+ degrees Celsius to -30 degrees Celsius.

Other than my time away to attend university, I've lived here and hope to stay here.  Although it is considered an isolated post, it is a beautiful place to raise a family.  Speaking of which, I've been married for 6 years to my husband, Corey.   We have been together for almost 15 years and have two beautiful girls, whom I will call Amy (6) & Rylie (4).  We also have a one year old dog, Porter.  We are surrounded by a large extended family that give us amazing support.

I work full time at the local hospital as a pharmacist, and although I've dealt with diabetes professionally, it hit a whole lot closer to home this past spring!  Sissy was diagnosed in February.

I recently began reading blogs posted by other D-Moms and found them very helpful, especially before the start of school this year.  Then I thought maybe I can do this too!

The purpose of my blog will be to share our ups and downs as we learn to incorporate diabetes into our lives.  Stay tuned for our diagnosis story.  I hope you enjoy Labrador Sweet...........

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for following my blog... I'm from Canada too although the other coast and now I live in the U.S. It's always nice to see other Canadian D-mom bloggers as there aren't too many. Looking forward to reading more about you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your comment. I'm quite new at this but decided to give it a try :) I've enjoyed reading others blogs and have found some very useful information and comfort.

      Delete