Friday 24 May 2013

Sparks Sleepover

We are headed to our first organized extracurricular sleepover with Sparks.

Sparks is the youngest age group within Girl Guides of Canada.



I was a Sparks leader last year, but was unable to commit this year.  However, I am attending the sleepover this evening.  They needed a few extra parent volunteers in order to hold the sleepover, so I figured I would make it easier on myself, Amy and the head guider by participating.

I have extra snacks, strawberry milk drinking boxes, cheese strings, yogurt tubes, extra pump supplies and all the regular stuff we tote around in our diabetes bag.  If I happen to forget something at least we are just down the road.

I need to figure out a way to quietly check Amy's sugars at 3am, and hope I don't wake up any other little Sparks.  I'm thinking that setting the alarm on my iphone should be loud enough for me but quiet enough not to wake everyone else.

I have one excited little girl on my hands!

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you about feeling self conscious checking in the middle of the night. I even felt weird doing checks when we were at a family weekend at diabetes camp. During the regular sessions, they have medical staff in the cabins that check every child every night at midnight and 3. That must be quite an undertaking, with cabins that hold 36 children.

    ReplyDelete