Wednesday 12 December 2012

MiniMed Paradigm Veo and CGM

So last night my husband and I attended our first session on insulin pumps.  A rep, who's also a nurse, and a pumper, was there for the night to introduce the pump and answer any questions.

It's the fist time that we've put any serious thought into switching to a pump.  I have very limited experince with them, and my husband has none.  We are currently weighing the pros and cons, but have started the paperwork to see what our insurances will cover.

Any advice from anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Hi, we switched to a pump in July 2012. We were somewhat nervous but haven't looked backed, i would recommend it heartily. In some respects it requires more management; but in other respects its much easier. I can't comment on types (our health service provides the pump so we don't get a choice of makes). Our daughter loves it..... If you've any specific questions drop me a line....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your comment.
      We are going with the Veo, most of the health care providers in my area are familiar with this type, and our insurances cover it. Our daughter is starting to get excited about it, hopefully that continues. I've started some online training modules with our particular model. When I think of some specific questions I will definitely drop you a line.
      Thanks :)

      Delete